Howdy Ya'll!

Welcome, and thanks for reading my blog! The experiences I'm sharing here are a random assortment of all the new and exciting adventures I find myself going on in this amazing city. It's a new day, a new world, a new life...and all it takes is a little moxie. So come along for the ride...It's sure to be thrilling!

Moxie: The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Birthday to You!

So last week I got to play "high school science teacher."  I taught biology (which I actually remembered a lot of and was able to help the students) and chemistry (which I remembered none of).  It was actually a fun week.  I had a good group of students and we got all our work done and then had time to play some of my word games.  I get the "pun of the day" emailed to me each morning and I always put it on the board under my name and the students always love them.  They're corny, yes, but you'll laugh nonetheless.
THE BOY QUIT DATING THE TELEPHONE OPERATOR BECAUSE HE FELT DISCONNECTED...BESIDES, SHE HAD TOO MANY HANGUPS.

Thursday night was.....ALICE IN WONDERLAND! at midnight. :) That was an experience all on its own! There were tons of people there, and many of them were dressed up like characters from the movie.  It was hilarious.  I saw it in 3D which made it 10x more awesome.  The movie was fantastic, of course.  It followed Lewis Carroll's books very closely and incorporated more of the original crazy nonsense stuff he wrote than the Disney Alice in Wonderland did.  Plus, everything is better with Johnny Depp in it! lol

Friday was Aunt Betty's birthday and to celebrate we went to this tiny little place called Al's Steakhouse...but when you walk in, it's no hole in the wall! It's very modern and contemporary styled and the food...well, let's just say it's the best steak I ever had! I got the 8oz filet mignon and it was huge! I had the rest for lunch the next day...but so so tender you could cut it with a fork, and cooked to a perfect medium.  mmm..mmm...good!
Aunt Betty wanted our family's chicken spaghetti recipe for the longest time so for her birthday I gave it to her, and she loved it.  I think it came out really cute too!

Saturday Parker had a birthday party to go to at Sweet 'n Sassy...which is like Libby Lu, where you get your hair, nails, and makeup done and dress up in fancy clothes and strut your stuff on the runway with Hannah Montana blaring in the background...in other words, a little girl's dream! It was in Southlake (near Fort Worth) where they have this huge town square shopping center.  It also happened to be a beautiful day and I got to wear a dress and flip flops for the first time this year.  So we dropped off Parker and Patti, Aunt Betty, and I shopped around the outdoor mall.  My favorite part was the amazing pistachio italian ice cream I ate :) It was a fun day all around, good shopping, good food, good company, great weather...we're already planning on going back in June for the art festival there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment