Howdy Ya'll!

Welcome, and thanks for reading my blog! The experiences I'm sharing here are a random assortment of all the new and exciting adventures I find myself going on in this amazing city. It's a new day, a new world, a new life...and all it takes is a little moxie. So come along for the ride...It's sure to be thrilling!

Moxie: The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Standing on a street corner having things thrown at me...

I spent my Saturday morning standing on a street corner having things thrown at me...oh, and I might want to mention that I went to the St. Patty's day parade! HAHA
It was my first ever St. Patty's day parade and it sure was a good one.  We got up early, energized ourselves with donuts, and fled to Greenville Ave. along with half of Dallas. You could spot the green from a mile away...it was awesome. lol 
Parker and I dressed as "twins" from our matching layered shirts and jeans, to our brown loafers, to the beads we wore, even down to the tiny silver chain I had on that she just had to match (which left Patti searching at the last minute as we're loading up the car for a similar tiny silver chain for Parker to wear). 
We whistled and screamed and waved and had an absolute ball as we watched the bright green floats (and the occasional left over mardi gras float) drive by.  It was a beautiful sunny morning, and I even got my first sunburn of the year. :(
It was a great day overall.  After the parade we packed up with a ton of Steve's cousins and went to eat Irish Stew and party for the rest of the afternoon.  What a fantastic way to start off spring break!
Friday night I worked the TX Ballet Theatre's Romeo and Juliet at ATTPAC.  It was the first professional ballet I've seen live aside from the Nutcracker...and boy was it beautiful! Truly talented dancers, elaborate sets, and amazing costumes...it was a fun night indeed!  I truly believe Romeo and Juliet is the ultimate story of the importance of effective communication...if only Romeo would have received that letter explaining it all!

Looking forward to the rest of spring break...Patti's brother and his family from Kingwood are coming in town and we have lots of fun planned.  Hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment