Howdy Ya'll!

Welcome, and thanks for reading my blog! The experiences I'm sharing here are a random assortment of all the new and exciting adventures I find myself going on in this amazing city. It's a new day, a new world, a new life...and all it takes is a little moxie. So come along for the ride...It's sure to be thrilling!

Moxie: The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm So Excited...and I Just Can't Hide it!

THE POINTER SISTERS CONCERT!!
What a BLAST! I don't even know where to begin....but I'll try.
When I got to the theatre and went to sign in I saw "Courtney King - Backstage" I was like...what?! no way! I found the other 2 people who were assigned backstage and none of us knew what we were doing but we were so excited! Finally our supervisor came and got us and led us backstage. (mini freak-out! it was so awesome!) The backstage area first off, is huge! I'm talking enormous! Five times the size of the Julie Roger's backstage easily.  It was also decorated for a party...tables and chairs, with beautiful flower arrangements and glass vases full of jelly beans, a bar, caterers walking around, just beautiful, it was next to the set for the concert and you could see out into the opera house.  So very very cool.  So then I was told that there was a VIP party back here and that my job was to mingle with guests and help them with anything they need...how awesome! I can do that! So for an hour and a half before the show started I mingled with guests, directed them to the bar for yet another drink lol, and gave mini tours of backstage.  It was so much fun! One of the other ushers showed me the "signing wall" where all of the performers who play at the theatre sign their names...it was a huge white wall the length of half a football field with name after name of the famous people who have been there...and this place has only been open since October! So....he took my picture! :) This is me with the cast of South Pacific and Billy Crystal. ahh!
So after we cleared out the backstage area and the guests took their seats we all found ourselves a seat as well and got ready to enjoy the show.  It was Ebby Halliday's birthday...her 99th birthday! I met her backstage, she's so cute and very nice and still gets around like she's 75.  We all sang happy birthday to her and she stood up and said "i'm so excited...and I just can't hide it" lol. It was hilarious but so sweet.  Next came...you betcha...the POINTER SISTERS! They were fantastic and all of us ushers got in the aisles and danced and sang and just had a ball!
There were a group of 10 ladies sitting in a box who all had boas and light up glasses.  They were hilarious and had such a good time and really brought the energy of the rest of the crowd up.  Before the show started they held a live auction and 2 ladies bid $6,000 to come up on stage with the Pointer Sisters and perform with them and meet them afterward.  It was so funny!
Anyway, the concert was a blast.  I'm so glad I got to work it and had such a good time.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It really keeps me up to date with exactly where you are and what you are doing.

    Sounds like the theater and the Pointer Sisters were a blast.

    I don't think they have these cute little places in Phoenix like Parker went to. My goodness, do they get a limo ride too?

    I remember being in The Netherlands visiting a business associate of my dad's. Their child who was about 6 asked what kind of car we drove. The mother said, everyone drives either a Cadillac or a Lincoln Continental, right? I laughed and said NO, why do you think that? She said we watch Dallas and Dynasty and that seems to be what THEY drive.

    My point is, isn't it just like Dallas to give little girls the opportunity to think that is what life is really like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's funny! and yes, I forgot to mention they get to go for a ride in a pink limo at the end of the party...where was all this when I was a kid?!

    ReplyDelete