Howdy Ya'll!

Welcome, and thanks for reading my blog! The experiences I'm sharing here are a random assortment of all the new and exciting adventures I find myself going on in this amazing city. It's a new day, a new world, a new life...and all it takes is a little moxie. So come along for the ride...It's sure to be thrilling!

Moxie: The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Look Out Julia Child!

HAPPY BELATED 2011! 

I know I know...I'm shamefully late in posting this...but I've been so busy fighting off evil villains having fun that I'm just now getting the chance to hit the keys.
This month has been chock full of all things exciting...
Cabaret shows with the cast of Young Frankenstein/Riverdance/Game Night/Movies/Xbox Kinect/Hunting down Girl Scout cookies/Late Nights at the Dallas Museum of Art/Cirque du Soleil/Visits from Mom/74 degree weather/18 degree weather/Lazy Sundays spent making finger puppets/Failed pie-baking attempts/Successful trips to the store to buy said pie :/

But what I really want to talk about is my New Year's resolution...
drumroll please...
I, am going to learn how to cook!
Now I'm not talking gourmet chef classes at Le Cordon Bleu...I just want to be able to make an edible dinner for myself that doesn't come out of a frozen in a box.  Even I can only eat so many frozen pizzas a year.
I'd like to take this opportunity to officially apologize to Totinos for the inevitable failure of their business due to the fact that I stopped stocking my freezer with their pizzas.

Anywho, I'll be trying out all sorts of new recipes and sharing my successes, and likely more often failures, with you all here.
It's like my own little version of Julie & Julia...only on a more Kraft Easy Mac level ;)

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I hear the word moxie, I think of those pics of you in your circus rope/silk thingies.:-)

    Good luck on the cooking - and the freezer is my best friend for cooking. Make a big pot of spaghetti sauce - freeze the rest & eat over the next 2 months. Bag o' chicken breasts has innumerable uses.

    ReplyDelete