Howdy Ya'll!

Welcome, and thanks for reading my blog! The experiences I'm sharing here are a random assortment of all the new and exciting adventures I find myself going on in this amazing city. It's a new day, a new world, a new life...and all it takes is a little moxie. So come along for the ride...It's sure to be thrilling!

Moxie: The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Party Now, Blog Later (Part 2) aka "Up, Up, and Away!"

Well hello again folks! I've been trying to decide if I should let you all in on more of the fun I've been having...but it's all "up in the air." 

No really...up in the air...in a HOT AIR BALLOON!
A balloon called Coyote Moon to be exact (see picture)
My awesome Uncle Glen (Sorry Uncle Allen, take me on a cruise and then maybe we'll talk :D) took me up in his beautiful balloon one very very very very early morning in June and it was ahhhh-mazing!

It's eerily quiet up there...everything is still and the balloon doesn't make a sound except for the occasional blast of hot air and the small creak of the rope against the basket...and you feel almost weightless as you float across the clouds.  It's such a cool feeling, and I can totally see how people get so hooked on it. 

And the views...oh the views! A gorgeous sunrise, a herd of cattle trying to run from us, people waving from their yards (I felt so famous!), the patchwork of the fields...it's just breathtaking. 

Of course, my company wasn't so bad either...
After a smooth landing (I even grabbed a souvenir tree branch on the way down!) it was back to reality (boohoo!) But boy what a ride!

Thanks Uncle Glen for the ride! I'll be stalking you until you take me again. ;)

I'll leave you with a video from my ride and a quote from the movie UP:

Ellie: [her last message to Carl] "Thanks for the adventure. Now go have one of your own."

1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure having you aboard. Sorry it took 24 years to get er done! Promise I won't make you wait that long for the second ride. Wonder how long it will be before the other nieces (Christine and Ashley) call about taking their rides?

    Gentle breezes
    Uncle Glen

    ReplyDelete